Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Karma Art and new paintings

This next painting is a diptych, I did it right after my BFA show and my main influence was the falling leaves outside. I used some of them and painted over them, traced them, and thick molding gel to create depth and texture. I was trying to use only shades of yellow, red, and brown to allow movement throughout the painting. This piece is now going to be auctioned off in Karma Art and all the proceeds are going to the University of Iowa Children's Hospital. Anyone can purchase tickets at The Velet Rope or Chait Gallery for $20 a piece. It is going to be held at Riverside Theatre Dec. 5th at 7:00pm, everyone should come, there is going to be a lot of pieces from local artists and other university students.

The next 3 are works in process paintings and will be done soon, sometime...





No comments:

Post a Comment